David Zwirner seeks a full-time Accounting Assistant to join the finance department. The position reports to the Controller and Chief Financial Officer and is based in New York. Qualified candidates should be organized, detail-oriented, and efficient with excellent problem-solving ability and strong written and verbal communication skills. This role involves exposure to confidential information, therefore discretion is essential. Previous experience at an auction house, gallery, or museum a plus.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with the production of invoices for the sale of artworks, shipping, and other expenses
- Manage communication with the rest of the gallery regarding payment of invoices and accounts receivable as well as record sales data internally.
- Assist with accounts payable for all US based entities, including management of weekly check payments to vendors and updating the cash journal
- Assist in the management of staff and gallery expenses (both credit card and cash) including expense report reviews, petty cash disbursement for per diems and reimbursements (in USD & foreign currencies), monthly petty cash reconciliation and compliance
- Work with rest of accounts team on various projects including reconciliation, audit, and tax preparation on an as needed basis including year-end audit and quarterly use tax filing
- General departmental duties including department mail distribution, filing and correspondence
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, or in a relevant field preferred
- Proven experience as Accounting Assistant or similar position (interest or knowledge of contemporary art a plus)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and accounting software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please. David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references through our careers page here to apply.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.