David Zwirner seeks a full-time Assistant Controller to join the accounting department. The position reports to the Controller and is based in New York. Qualified candidates should be organized, detail-oriented, and efficient with excellent problem-solving ability and strong written and verbal communication skills. This role involves significant exposure to confidential information, therefore discretion is essential. Previous experience at an auction house, gallery, or museum a plus.
Primary responsibilities include:
Accounts Receivable (A/R)
- Determine all costing for invoices gallery wide
- Prepare invoices for sales and accounting reporting
- Make adjustments as necessary after review by the Controller and Director of Finance
- Run monthly budget reports
- Work with Director of Finance to isolate discrepancies and create year-end budget review
General Accounting Responsibilities
- Bank Reconciliation
- Track and record all inventory purchases as well Inventory activity
- Consignor reporting
- Inventory in Progress
- Process payroll for New York staff
- Communicate with staff and managers about any payroll issues and changes
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, or relevant field
- Proven experience as Assistant Controller or similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
- Previous experience with Sage a plus
- Professional certification a plus
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references through our careers page here to apply.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.