David Zwirner seeks a full-time Digital Content Manager to strategize, create and manage digital marketing content for David Zwirner and David Zwirner Books.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Exhibitions and working within the research team, this role partners closely with the Marketing and Digital teams on channel strategy, content calendar, and editorial resources to ensure the strategy, timing, content, and related assets are successfully deployed.
Success in this integral, cross-departmental role requires experience in and enthusiasm for digital platforms and new media, understanding of basic best practices and interdependence of all channels, a highly-organized and collaborative approach to content creation and campaign management, as well as a passion for excellence.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and execute content strategies for DavidZwirner.com and DavidZwirnerBooks.com; gather, write, syndicate, edit, and assign both copy and multimedia content for said channels
- Create and manage editorial and content line-up, digital content calendars and workflow for the channels outlined above with the Associate Director of Digital, Digital Content Coordinator, Digital Assistant, and Marketing Project Manager
- Partner with colleagues in Research & Exhibitions Department to draw from/work with with existing content and writing on the gallery’s artists and exhibitions and to align website content
- Partner with Sales Team and Marketing Team to develop a content calendar that parallels and supports our global exhibition, third party book and exhibition schedule; ensure artist pages are continuously up to date with relevant news items that span the above categories and beyond
- Partner with the Digital Content Coordinator (and the Photo, Archive and Research departments when relevant) to coordinate image assets for use in digital marketing; oversee public-facing video production
- Distribute digital content line-up and publishing calendar; communicate updates to relevant stakeholders
- Partner with Digital to manage SEO strategies and execution, create new features and integrations to the website, as well as other site optimization initiatives
- Partner with Digital to create, review and distribute campaign reporting and insights including formal campaign and/or monthly recaps for relevant stakeholders
- Impeccable copywriting, editing, and writing skills
- 3+ years of experience directing digital content strategy and execution for a comparable institution
- 2+ years of experience managing an internal content team of 3-5 as well as external contributors or agencies
- Experience directing creation and editing of multimedia content (copy, art, video, etc) across multiple channels, including web, email and social
- Ability to make swift, strong judgement calls when faced with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to creatively collaborate with coordinate content from multiple departments
- A savvy understanding of analytics, campaign measuring tools, and other digital best practices
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, HTML and CSS
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
To apply, please follow the link to our careers page here.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.