David Zwirner Inc. seeks a full-time Assistant to our Senior Partner for immediate hire.
The ideal candidate will have a BA or higher in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and at least three years related experience or the equivalent. Superior writing skills, the ability to carefully manage time and meet deadlines, and a thorough working knowledge of contemporary art are required. This position will involve significant contact with curators, artists and long time clients therefore discretion and poise are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Senior Partner in sending out and monitoring sales offers, work with marketing department to obtain images, provenance, press packs or all other relevant documentation for offers
- Manage Senior Partner's sales, follow up on invoices and prepare insurance appraisals
- Monitor all artists' solo/group exhibitions, both domestic and international, manage checklists and loans
- Liaise with other gallery staff regarding all aspects of inventory & exhibition management: production, shipping, framing, photography, research, etc.
- Create and manage guest list for exhibitions/dinners, support Senior Partner during openings
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
To apply, please follow the link to our careers page here.