David Zwirner, Inc. seeks an Exhibitions & Production Manager for its primary market gallery.
Qualified candidates should be proactive, motivated, adept at multitasking, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience at a gallery, museum, or comparable arts organization is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with artists, vendors and fabricators to produce works of art
- Gather cost estimates, create and manage budgets and timelines for artworks in fabrication
- Oversee all stages of planning and implementation of select exhibitions at DZG
- Creates exhibition models (physical & Sketchup) as needed
- Oversight & management of special projects and exhibitions at outside institutions and museums
- Ongoing organization and quality management of the digital media archive
- Create installation manuals and/or maintenance instructions for new artworks, including information for clients for sold works
- Coordinates gallery framing orders
- Coordinates photo production (printing & mounting)
- BA (Art History, Administration, Studio Arts preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in museum, art gallery, or artist studio
- Familiarity with various mediums of artwork and modes of fabrication
- Experience planning exhibitions, including managing budgets
- 1-2 years minimum experience in new/digital media with a thorough knowledge of video formats, codecs, containers, etc.
- General proficiency of video editing software (ex. Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, etc.)
- Comfortable with light video editing & format conversions
- Proficiency in Adobe design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of archival practices & storage for digital media
- General proficiency with Google Sketchup, proficiency in Rhino or other 3D modeling programs a plus
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects at once, highly adaptable and creative problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure with a variety of personalities and working methods
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours for events and openings.
To apply, please follow the link to our careers page here.